As part of our 25th Anniversary, I thought it would be fun to answer this questionnaire that I saw on Andrea’s blog. We were in the car together driving to St. Augustine to go sailing when I asked the question, answered it and then he would tell me if I was right or wrong. It was fun and the verdict is that I *do* know my man pretty well!
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on? Gator or Clemson football (we *just* got ESPN for the first time in our together history!)
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Blue cheese (or vinaigrette)
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? Mushrooms (but he will eat them if they are present unlike me and my hangups)
4. You go out to eat and have a drink; what does he order? PBR or Bud Light (he said Blue Moon. But he does often order what I said…)
5. Where did he go to high school? St. John’s Lutheran
6. What is his nickname for you? She-rah, Master of the Jungle Women
7. If he were to collect anything, what would it be? Race medals (he actually does collect them because he runs so many races! He said sailboats.)
8. What would he eat every day if he could? Homemade pizza (I’ve been making it weekly lately)
9. What is his favorite cereal? Granola
10. What would he never wear? A black turtleneck (we had a good laugh over this one! He can’t stand turtlenecks!)
11. What is his favorite sports team? Clemson (and Gators…)
12. Who did he vote for? Haven’t voted yet but there’s no one that looks promising.
13. Who is his best friend? Me and his twin, John.
14. What do you do that bothers him? Worry about my weight/looks (he said he had a hard time coming up with something [I’m so perfect-HA!] but when I gave my answer he agreed.)
15. What is his heritage? Spain and Italy
16. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? Key lime pie (I also make this regularly. My goal to to have him yell uncle. So far, he’s a tough nut to crack.)
17. Did he play sports in high school? Yes!
18. What could he spend hours doing? Running
19. How does he make you feel special? He makes me coffee every morning, tells me I’m beautiful, writes me notes, takes me on dates, brings me flowers, spends time with me doing ANYTHING! Surprises me with fun stuff (trip to Paris!)
20. What is one unique talent he has? He can chart a flood zone map, talk to anyone and do an Ironman. (oops. I guess that’s three talents. What can I say, he’s a talented guy!)
This was so fun! Glad to know that I *do* know my man! Here’s a little story…
Our anniversary this year was during Hurricane Hermine. We had made plans to go to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants – Bistro Aix. I had called a few days earlier to make reservations (and mentioned that it was our silver anniversary) and then called again a few hours before to make sure they were going to be open. (You know, a hurricane was coming…) They assured us that they were. When we arrived they showed us to our table and there was a card there with “Happy Anniversary” on the front and it was signed by the whole staff. And they gave us dessert on the house! Isn’t that so nice?
I had told Michael that his gifts would be coming at intervals. I gave him one in the morning, one at night and one arrived the following day. Coincidentally, he was home Friday afternoon when the UPS man rang the doorbell. Usually they ring and run but this time he rang, waited and rang again. Michael and I both went to the door. A tall narrow box was being delivered. I turned to Michael and blurted, “Happy Anniversary!” He was taken by surprise! The UPS man had read what I had written as a message and he waited around to see Michael’s reaction! I hope we made his day!
(When we got engaged, Michael – of course – gave me an engagement ring. I gave him a gift too! A Pawley’s Island Hammock! 25 years later I gave him another one!)
Speaking of anniversaries…the Blended Blog is celebrating its one year anniversary this week and in celebration we are having a blog scavenger hunt! If you play along you can be entered to win a $150 gift certificate to the store of your choice! Be sure to hop over and play [HINT: I’m one of the featured bloggers today!]. While you’re there check out our new look and let me know what you think! (I love it!)