Last month (HOW can it have been a month already????) I shared my spring bucket list with you as part of a post initiated by my friend Leslie. Today we are sharing an update on that list.
Spring Bucket List
- College trips! I mentioned that we had already been on four. We have a few more to do but they won’t be til next month.
- Conventions. Three down. Three to go. So far I’ve been to Greenville, SC; Indianapolis, IN; and Kansas City, MO. Each one had its own set of problems but our amazing teams have overcome each one with grace! Hoping that was it for drama and the next three will go smoothly. (A girl can dream, right?)
- Garden. My neighbor gave me some tomato plants and they are doing really well! My basil is growing and will be ready to transplant soon. Maybe even this weekend!
- Read outside! I haven’t really been home much. Most of my reading has been accomplished though audio books while I do errands, housework or travel.
- Fire pit and drinks. Like I said, I haven’t been home much but we have eaten a few meals on the back patio. No time to sit around a fire though…
- Bike ride at the beach. I sound like a broken record. I haven’t been home enough to have time for this. Soon?
- Sew pillow covers and valance. Yep. You guessed it. I haven’t been home much…
- Baseball game. Yes! Finally! Michael got us tickets to the opening day game! It was fun!
- Beauty and the Beast. Yes! So good! Despite all the controversy, I really liked this movie. I think, sometimes, that people are just LOOKING for bad in stuff. Had it not been in all the social media, I would have missed it completely. Instead I focused on the message I saw in the story which is “Beauty is found within.” “Love covers a multitude of sins.” “Galatians 6:9”
- Facing the Darkness. This movie was sold out when we went to go see it. We grabbed coffee at Starbucks instead and had a lovely time. The movie theater ran it a second night but I decided to babysit baby Joy instead. Sweet baby snuggle time!
- Prom! Yes! I wrote about Prom here. Such a sweet time for my daughter!
- Have floors done. Not yet but it’s on the calendar! Now I need to pick out flooring…Oh the choices! A blog I follow, Sand and Sisal, wrote a great post about Best Flooring for a Beach House which was some timely!
- Make nautical graphic for picture frame. Not yet. (Insert refrain here.)
Some things I did do that weren’t on the bucket list…
- Travel to Washington DC. Hubby had a work trip planned last week to our nation’s capitol and I was happy to tag along! If you follow me on Instagram then you saw some of the stops I made. What I didn’t post was all the gardens I visited!
I was happy I could catch Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors exhibit at the Hirshhorn Museum. Had to get in line early to get tickets, but it was worth it!This was the coolest room, I think. Reminded me of Harry Potter’s dining hall. The rooms look really big (hence the term “infinity”) but they are quite small as you can see in the picture below.
Michael and I did a trolley tour one evening and learned so much!
- Run a race. My bff from high school and college lives in the DC area. It had been a long time since we had run a race together. I mean a LOOOOONG time. Luckily, the George Washington Parkway 10 miler was that weekend so we extended our trip so that Michael, Nancy and I could run it. The weather was perfect and I ran a great time (for me.)
And there you have it folks! I’ve made some progress but not everything is checked off. Spring isn’t over yet though! As school things wrap up (Annie’s PreCalculus class is over! She finished the class with a 95 so she doesn’t have to take the final! Woot!) I’ll have more time to do some of the things I want to do. I just hope it’ll be before the heat and humidity settle in.
What fun things do you have planned for the spring? Are you making time for them?
Check out what some of the other gals are doing this spring and how far they’ve come along with their list:
Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After
The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life
15 thoughts on “Spring Bucket List Update”
I’m craving another trip to D.C., and I’ll have to add the Hirshhorn Museum to me To Do list! I’ve never heard of it! So many fun things to do, both at home and away! Happy spring, Sheila! Let’s savor the less than inferno weather!
Do you like modern art? The Hirshhorn houses modern art which I find pretty interesting. Weird sometimes but interesting. We still need to plan a beach trip!
Ah! I don’t *love* modern art, but I can appreciate some of it! Impressionism is more my thing! One of my summer goals will be to go to the beach with you! For reals!
You’ll find Impressionism in the National Art Gallery. But I did find the Hirshhorn interesting! And I don’t *love* it either. Well. Not all. Some I do. Like Calder’s mobiles.
C and I had a little bit of time in the National Gallery of Art, but we want MORE! I’d really love to get back up there sometime and spend a week seeing all the things!
I’d love to go with you!! I like going with others who appreciate art!
Wouldn’t that be FUN!
We were very close to your neck of the woods during our just completed trip of the coastal Carolinas! Is Savannah a foodie-city similar to Charleston, which we loved!? We’ll have to bump it to the top of our list of places to visit if so!
Insert blush emoji here . . . right blog, wrong reply!
Take two: Your blog post brings back sweet memories of doing college tours with our daughters during their last two years of high school. So much fun for all of us, and such a wonderful thing to help keep them inspired to go hard during those last oh-so-distracting years of high school what will all the proms, parties and celebrations.
Many, many years later and our girls still remember and talk about these visits. 🙂
You had me going there!! My daughter is my last child. It’s been so sweet (my only GIRL) but sad too, knowing that this is part of her leaving. ?
Were you looking for ME?!? Yes, Savannah is very much a foodie city! Please do come visit!
I like your blog name! Congrats on your race completion! I’ve done 5K races but nothing longer than 5K. Envy of warmer weather you have. We have sunny days in Toronto but it’s still on the cool side.
Aw! Thanks! On both compliments! I never thought I’d run more than a 5k. But with time I have. Having a training buddy is key in my book! “On the cool side” ? I wear a jacket when it’s 72 degrees! I’m sure your cool side would have me in a coat and gloves! Ha! Thanks for visiting!
That is a lot of conventions!! But also a ton of fun! And meeting lots of people! Very cool!! Also, I totally agree about Beauty and the Beast!! So much controversy for nothing! I loved it!!! Congrats on the race too! Lots of fun for you this Spring already!!
By the third refrain, I was giggling. I have only been out of town once but I am going to milk that excuse for why my house is a mess and my ironing pile is towering.
Yay, YOU for a good run time. I cannot imagine running 10 miles. Would like to work up to a 5 miler, maybe. Maybe not. I don’t have anyone to run with. PC prefers walking or sitting.
The Infinity Mirror exhibit must have been magical. I could look into one of those triple dressing room mirror and be entertained for hours.
The photo of you love birds at the ball game is one of my favorites. So glad you had a good time at the game. You look very happily in love.
Thank you, Sheila, for always being so supportive and sweet as I find my way (ha) in the blogging world. I appreciate you joining for the bucket list posts. You and Michael Ann are pretty cool cats.
Comments are closed.