It’s the first Monday of the month which means it’s time for another TBB Asks! This month we are focusing on things we are thankful for. In the month of November I like to post daily on Instagram one thing I am thankful for. Our thoughts shape who we are so if we dwell on the positive we will be more positive. Let’s get to it!
15 Things I’m Thankful For
- A new friend – Through the women’s ministry at my church I am getting to meet many new friends!
- Something shiny – My wedding ring. Thankful for 26 years of marriage!
- Someone unexpected – A friend with whom I used to spend time years ago has come back into my life, and I am grateful for the time we are getting together and for the incredible witness she is being to those around her as she walks down a difficult road.
- Something ordinary – My parents have recently picked and pressed olives and I just received the new oil! Freshly pressed oil tastes so different than regular olive oil and I am enjoying the pungent flavor!
- A person you’ve known for a long time – When we first joined Redeemer we used to sit behind a family with two little girls. We soon became fast friends and over the years we have done many things together including HERE together.
- Somewhere you go every day – Well almost every day: the park where I walk Penny and run with friends. I’ve been injured so I have not been going lately and I really miss it! “Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got til it’s gone…!“
- Someone who’s taught you something – I had lunch with her on Friday. She has taught me many things: about being a disciple, about parenting, about marriage. I am so grateful for our friendship, her transparency and her willingness to share her wisdom with others (me!)
- A far-away place – The home I grew up in (well, high school. I was a military brat…). I love going back to Sicily!
- Something that’s saving your life right now – My phone. Is that cliche’? My calendar is on there and it reminds me of my appointments. I also use the Wunderlist app a lot for getting things done! Plus I can check email and text friends. What would I do without it??
- Someone you see every day – I sure do love this guy and am so happy to wake up to him every morning!
- Something you enjoy doing – Spending time with people. I’m a “quality time” person, so getting to spend time with people is enjoyable to me, even as an introvert! (Don’t know what I mean by that? Take the quiz HERE)
- Someone female – My mom. I miss her when she’s in Italy for the summer. I’m excited that she’ll be back soon and we’ll get to be together for another 6 months!
- A special place – My home. It’s not big or fancy but I really love the history we have in this place!
- Someone male – My dad. He got back on Saturday and we’ve already spent some good time together! I’m so thankful for him!
- Something warm – Homemade PSL. Hubby makes it. If you already make your own homemade cappuccino (and if you don’t but want to, just follow my directions HERE ), then it’s SO easy to make your own. Just add pumpkin spice to the grounds and proceed from there. (HERE is my recipe for making your own pumpkin spice!)What are you thankful for? You don’t have to tell me all 15, but just one would be nice! Let me know in the comments! (If you are reading this then I am thankful for YOU too!)