Spring Bucket List
- College trips! I mentioned that we had already been on four. We have a few more to do but they won’t be til next month.
- Conventions. Three down. Three to go. So far I’ve been to Greenville, SC; Indianapolis, IN; and Kansas City, MO. Each one had its own set of problems but our amazing teams have overcome each one with grace! Hoping that was it for drama and the next three will go smoothly. (A girl can dream, right?)
- Garden. My neighbor gave me some tomato plants and they are doing really well! My basil is growing and will be ready to transplant soon. Maybe even this weekend!
- Read outside! I haven’t really been home much. Most of my reading has been accomplished though audio books while I do errands, housework or travel.
- Fire pit and drinks. Like I said, I haven’t been home much but we have eaten a few meals on the back patio. No time to sit around a fire though…
- Bike ride at the beach. I sound like a broken record. I haven’t been home enough to have time for this. Soon?
- Sew pillow covers and valance. Yep. You guessed it. I haven’t been home much…
- Baseball game. Yes! Finally! Michael got us tickets to the opening day game! It was fun!
- Beauty and the Beast. Yes! So good! Despite all the controversy, I really liked this movie. I think, sometimes, that people are just LOOKING for bad in stuff. Had it not been in all the social media, I would have missed it completely. Instead I focused on the message I saw in the story which is “Beauty is found within.” “Love covers a multitude of sins.” “Galatians 6:9”
- Facing the Darkness. This movie was sold out when we went to go see it. We grabbed coffee at Starbucks instead and had a lovely time. The movie theater ran it a second night but I decided to babysit baby Joy instead. Sweet baby snuggle time!
- Prom! Yes! I wrote about Prom here. Such a sweet time for my daughter!
- Have floors done. Not yet but it’s on the calendar! Now I need to pick out flooring…Oh the choices! A blog I follow, Sand and Sisal, wrote a great post about Best Flooring for a Beach House which was some timely!
- Make nautical graphic for picture frame. Not yet. (Insert refrain here.)
Some things I did do that weren’t on the bucket list…
- Travel to Washington DC. Hubby had a work trip planned last week to our nation’s capitol and I was happy to tag along! If you follow me on Instagram then you saw some of the stops I made. What I didn’t post was all the gardens I visited!
I was happy I could catch Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors exhibit at the Hirshhorn Museum. Had to get in line early to get tickets, but it was worth it!This was the coolest room, I think. Reminded me of Harry Potter’s dining hall. The rooms look really big (hence the term “infinity”) but they are quite small as you can see in the picture below.
Michael and I did a trolley tour one evening and learned so much!
- Run a race. My bff from high school and college lives in the DC area. It had been a long time since we had run a race together. I mean a LOOOOONG time. Luckily, the George Washington Parkway 10 miler was that weekend so we extended our trip so that Michael, Nancy and I could run it. The weather was perfect and I ran a great time (for me.)
And there you have it folks! I’ve made some progress but not everything is checked off. Spring isn’t over yet though! As school things wrap up (Annie’s PreCalculus class is over! She finished the class with a 95 so she doesn’t have to take the final! Woot!) I’ll have more time to do some of the things I want to do. I just hope it’ll be before the heat and humidity settle in.
What fun things do you have planned for the spring? Are you making time for them?
Check out what some of the other gals are doing this spring and how far they’ve come along with their list: