I got my act together and joined in again for July. I completely missed May and June! Here’s my month in review, one sentence at a time. Linking up with the Blended Blog ladies!
1. Second day of college orientation for Timothy!
3. Celebrated America’s birthday with a potluck cookout in the cul-de-sac!
4. Jax Beach is packed with bikes and skateboards!
5.Laundry and packing in preparation of tomorrow!
6. “I’m leaving on a jet plane!”
7. Touchdown in Rome Fiumicino Airport where our first stop is at a bar for a cappuccino before our connecting flight!
10. Drive over an hour to eat lunch at a cool restaurant in the mountains but not before stopping for a midmorning pistachio gelato in Bronte!
11. Sicily has some of the best-preserved Greek temples – even better than Greece!
13. Beautiful day at the most beautiful beach in the world!
14. Hot chocolate on a hot day might be crazy but it had to happen.
15. Fried pizza party with the neighbors!
17. I haven’t been to beautiful Cefalu’ in years so in spite of still feeling yucky, off we go!
19. Packing and laundry day, but first another quick trip to the lava beach!
20. Bittersweet day: Leaving Italy but going home to my husband, son and dog!
21. Unpacking and laundry: the bane of travel!
22. Errands and more.
23. Date night! Michael got tickets to the Armada game!
24. Run on the beach (and some Pokemon Go hunting) with Michael!
25. Is that a trashcan lid? No! It’s a large soft-shell turtle! Timothy rescues it by helping it over the fence and into the retention pond in the back of my brother’s house.
27. Missing Italy so grilled eggplant and peppers it is! (Then drive to Gainesville to help Tommy move.)
28. Drive 6 hours to Atlanta; talk on the phone, listen to audio book and podcasts.
29. Last convention of the season helping homeschoolers figure out what to use to homeschool!
31. How is it that this trip feels so much longer??? Oh well…home sweet home and life group at the Couches!