My pal Leslie over at Once Upon a Time&Happily Ever After ran a blog hop yesterday that was so fun that I had to come out of hiding and jump onboard!
- College trips! My daughter, my BABY, is a junior so we are busy with visiting schools and studying for the SAT. Traditionally, we take spring break and make the rounds but this year her spring breaks don’t coincide so we are going when we can. We’ve already visited four: UNF, UF, FSU and JU (in that order).
- Conventions. Spring is homeschool convention season and this year I’m going to five. New for me this year is Indianapolis which is this coming weekend. Last week was Greenville SC.
- Garden. Last year my dad and his buddy Tom put in three raised beds for me. I have a nice big crop of parsley in one now. It also has mint and I bought thyme and sage for that herb bed. I’ve also started three kinds of basil seeds. (Pesto galore!) I asked dad to build me a little table to fit under the window in the kitchen. Then at the dollar store I bought two large plastic food containers to serve as trays. It’s working out great! I have onions in the second bed and planted lettuce in there. And I plan on putting tomatoes and peppers in the third bed. Caprese salad, salsa and panzanella are on the summer bucket list!
- Read outside! My oldest son, Thomas, built me some wooden furniture over Christmas that I just love! I want to spend some time outside reading before it gets too hot and buggy. (I’m participating in The Blended Blog’s virtual book club. Won’t you join us for April?)
- Fire pit and drinks. I love sitting by a fire but I don’t like to be cold. So when the nights are just cool that is the best time to sit by a fire. Better yet when there’s a nice cocktail in hand. On the bucket list: paper airplanes.
- Bike ride at the beach. We actually tried to do this a few weeks ago but it was before the time change. By the time we ate dinner it was too dark to ride bikes so we just went home. Will try it again one evening soon!
- Sew pillow covers and valance. I made some flannel plaid ones for winter but it’s really time to retire those for the season.I purchased the fabric and washed and ironed it. Then I ran out of time. MAYBE I’ll get them made before fall. These are what I’m going to make to go with our coastal decor although now that I saw the bright springy Starbucks cups I want to make some in these spring colors and save the nautical ones for summer. My kitchen and dining room balance are close to 20 years old! They are overdue for an update. This one inspired me to change. But it will be slightly different.
- Baseball game. Since several of the gals in the blog hop mentioned going to a baseball game I thought I might give it a try. Not sure when but maybe midweek might work. Our minor league team’s name changed from the Suns to the Jumbo Shrimp. Ew.
- Beauty and the Beast. I definitely want to go see this movie. It’s my favorite “Disney princess” movie. The ladies in our life group had talked about going together. Gotta see if that’s going to happen.
- Facing the Darkness. Another movie I’m going to see. It’s only showing one night, March 30.
- Prom! My daughter’s prom is March 31 and we are having fun shopping and getting ready for it (dress, shoes, mani, pedi, hair…oh my!)
- Have floors done. The carpet in our house is 8 years old and I hate it. I want tile throughout but don’t have the funds for a whole-house redo. Our living room is a step-down room so we are doing that room in May. It’s gonna be great!
- Make nautical graphic for picture frame. I bought this frame at a thrift store. I love the hobnail feature and the gold finish on it. I rotate out what I put in it.
The house is already decorated for spring/Easter. We’ve been doing little projects the last few months which I’ll share with you soon! Now go check out the blog hop over at Leslie’s blog and be inspired! What is on YOUR spring bucket list?