The Blended Blog is back with another TBB Asks which helps you get to know the person behind the blogger. This time it’s a back-to-school theme. If you want to play, grab the graphic and link up with TBB.
- I was a good student and enjoyed school. It helped that it was small, very small. I went to high school on a Navy base in Italy.
- We always started before Labor Day.
- I am a morning person so definitely eager beaver.
- My favorite school-day breakfast as a kid was cereal. I don’t like eggs. Now it’s yogurt or a smoothie.
- As a kid I ate sugary cereals until Carrie introduced me to Grape Nuts. Now I love granola but don’t eat it very often.
- No uniform.
- Yes, I’d wear something new on the first day of school, most years.
- Ride the bus! We lived off base.
- I think I had a duffel for sports but I carried my books.
- Packed a lunch.
- Lunch box! Those metal ones with the glass-lined thermos.
- Swing, play on the monkey bars, tag.
- Big box of crayons with the sharpener!
- Chalkboard. But they were green. I’m too old for dry erase.
- Regular yellow pencil.
- I don’t remember having homework until junior high. I did it after dinner. Sometimes I’d be so tired that I’d go to bed (I went to bed early) and wake up at 4:30 to do my homework. (I said I was a morning person!)
- Nutella and bread. 🙂
- The Love Boat (dubbed in Italian!)
- Languages! English, French, and Italian.
- Math. (I married an engineer. Opposites really do attract!)
- Being a military community there was a lot of coming and going so it really depends what year. Ellen, Nancy, Natalia.
- Probably 11th grade.
- No ring. I wanted a “normal” ring as a class ring. I still have it.
- I went to two of them. Then I was pregnant and couldn’t travel. As far as I know there haven’t been any since then.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit more. What are your answers for 1, 2, 14 and 21? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to get to know YOU a bit more too!
18 thoughts on “TBB Asks: Back-to-School Edition”
Nutella and bread still rocks for a perfect snack!
I love Nutella! I don’t often keep it in the house because it calls to me like a siren. But when my boys are home they ask for it and sometimes I cave!
You little cutie! Gorgeous then and now! This was so fun!
Thanks dear! Love these posts!
So fun!! Our Chalkboards were green too! Very cool getting to know you more! Didn’t know you went to school on a Navy Base in Italy!!
Yep! Graduated from it and moved to the US for college – 5,000 miles away!
Yup- I’m a lover of nutella and toast as welll
What’s not to love??
So fun. 1. Loved it. 2. The week before labour day. 14. New pens when I was in high school. 21. Math because I had to work so dang hard at it.
Aw thanks for playing along! I still love new pens! 🙂 And ugh, math. Wish I could get it. I feel so stupid when I try to help my kids…
I never even heard of Nutella until a couple of years ago; now it’s my middle son’s favorite lunch sandwich– nutella and jelly.
I grew up in Italy where Nutella is as common as peanut butter. My mom used to mail it to me in care packages. Imagine how happy I was when the grocery stores started carrying it! My kids love sandwiches with Nutella and PB. It’s like a Reece’s sandwich! Thanks for visiting!
OK, I might have missed this before (or already knew it and forgot) but how cool you went to school on a Navy base in Italy. I got a “normal” ring as a senior ring, too.
Daily Style Finds
Yes, since my mom is from Italy, dad tried to keep us over there as long as possible! Coming to the states for college was a culture shock!
Fun to learn that you went to school on a naval base and I would love to learn French and Italian! I have the rudimentary fundamentals of Spanish, but I’m very rusty. I’d definitely learn them all if I could.
Try Duolingo for your Spanish! It’s remarkably helpful!
Love the throwback picture!!
Ha! Thanks! I don’t have many of them. This one is thanks to friends posting on FB 🙂 Thanks for visiting!
Comments are closed.