I shared my Spring Bucket list with you a few months ago here and here. Now it’s time to share my summer list! I know today is the official first day of summer but in Florida we’ve already had a month of summer weather. So I’ve gotten a bit of a head start on my list.
Summer 2017 Bucket List
Summer always includes some travel for us. The last two years I got to go to Italy (you can read about why to visit Sicily here and here) but this year my son Timothy got to go. We will still do some local trips! So far here’s what’s on tap:
- Florida Keys (times 2) – Hubby is a coastal engineer so he has to travel down here for work. I’m so glad I get to tag along sometimes! So we’ll be coming once in June and again in August. Read my 5 Must-Do Things in Key Largo and watch for one on Key West coming soon!)
- St. Louis MO – This is for *my* work. My friends Michael Ann, Lisa, Johna and I plan to visit the Novel Neighbor, an independent bookstore I learned about from Anne Bogel of Modern Mrs. Darcy.
- The Breakers in Palm Beach – Again a work trip for hubby. It’s a Henry Flagler hotel that is just beautiful.
- The Mountains (maybe? still in the works) – Floridians like to escape the heat in the middle of summer so while all the North Carolinians escape to the coast in July, the mountains fill up with Florida license plates.
- Solar Eclipse trip – Did you know that on August 21st there’s going to be a total solar eclipse in the US? There hasn’t been one since 1979! We’re going to catch it. The closest place to us is South Carolina . If *you* want to try to see it, here’s a link for the path to see where you’d have to go.
Well, when you live 30 mins from the beach it’s obvious that we’re gonna go AMAP (as much as possible.) Plus some of those travel plans will include beach time! An extra special trip to the beach this summer will include a Jeep ride on the beach. (Michael and I dated in this Jeep! That’s how long we’ve had it!)
A friend of mine is a decorator and I hired her to give me some tips. We took about an hour and walked through each room talking about the space, my plans and what she would recommend changing or adding. I now have quite a to do list but I’ve already made some headway! I’ll be sharing posts on that as we go. (Read about my living room redo here.)
Summer isn’t relaxing if it doesn’t include some reading time. I blogged about what’s on my summer TBR here.
Michael and I bought a book on Florida lighthouses and we decided we would try and hit as many of them as we could in our travels. First one on our list is the one in Key West. (Post coming soon!)
I have a big birthday this year, so in preparation I’ve been following several different eating plans including Whole 30 and Trim Healthy Mama so that I can be at my best for my next semiquincentennial.
My latest one is by Danette May. She has a 30 day challenge where she gives you the workouts and the eating plans for 30 days. Sometimes I just don’t want to think and it’s nice to have something to follow. It’s real food that is quick and easy to prepare and surprisingly tasty! (Why is health food always so bland?) It’s been really working for me. If you are interested in finding out more, click my referral link here.
That’s about it for now. What is on YOUR summer bucket list? If you’re a blogger join in the link up or just comment below!